Monday, March 8, 2010

Obesogens: Scary Stuff

MSNBC is carrying a Men's Health article today that discusses "obesogens," a class of endocrine-disrupting chemicals. The so-called obesogens disrupt the function of hormonal systems and are believed by many researchers to lead to weight gain. Sources of these endocrine disruptors include "soy products, hormones administered to animals, plastics in some food and drink packaging, ingredients added to processed foods, and pesticides sprayed on produce." The article is an interesting, albeit scary, read. Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. I just KNEW there was a reason I have put on a few pounds!
    No, seriously, I am going to check out the article!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. :) If only my weight gain had such a simple explanation! (Actually, I did lose 3-4lbs on last month's challenge, sooo...??)

    ReplyDelete