Friday, July 23, 2010

Cozy Mystery Challenge


This is completely unrelated to food and gardening... But Su-sieee! Mac recently blogged about belatedly joining in the 2010 Cozy Mystery Challenge and it looked like so much fun I had to join in too. Briefly, a cozy mystery is a mystery sans naughty language, sex scenes, and gore and often involves an amateur sleuth. You can follow the bookshelf link to the right (looks just like the pic above) for more info, a fantastic book list, and the opportunity to join in too!

3 comments:

  1. I just read your comment at my blog so came over here to say Yay! again. I'm halfway through Sue Grafton's "U is for Undertow." Last night I wondered if this would count since she's a professional detective. No matter. She's got me back to enjoying a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading Louise Penny. I finished her first book, Still Life, yesterday- and am half way through her second. Really enjoying them too! They also feature an actual detective, but the rest of the qualifications of a cozy apply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like my kind of mystery. I don't have much time for reading, but I do love mysteries. The Cozy Mystery Challenge website has lots of good suggestions though, maybe for some winter reads!

    ReplyDelete